Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Getting ready for the Royal Wedding

I have quite a bit to do to get ready for Easter this weekend. I have offered to make 100 cupcakes for a friends church dinner this Thursday, and I have family coming for dinner on Sunday. In all this I am constantly reminded on television that "the" wedding is just over a week away. I'm thinking I might have to go to bed sometime Thursday afternoon so I will be able to get up at 3:00 a.m. for the start of the t.v. coverage. Other than the fashion (I love HATS) it is also the notion of a real Tea. About four years ago my husband and I had afternoon Tea at the Chateau Lake Louise, in Alberta. We sat in this grand room at a table by the window and watched the last of the ice melt on the lake. Not only was the room and the view amazing but check out the tea stand we were served. I wonder if I could whip up something like this for me at 3:00 a.m. on April 29th. Maybe I'll just get scones at the local bakery the day before and a new bottle of raspberry jam. I think I have some Murchies tea around here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment