Saturday, June 11, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I have been attending a workshop in Toronto this week, and, as is often happens, the conversation turned to food. Specifically, cupcakes. As it seems that I have a reputations for these tasty treats (did I mention that I found a bakery in the UK called .... Lottie Loves Cupcakes??? more on that on another post) while on her lunch outing, one of my fellow artists found this little number in the AGO members lounge and brought is back to studio, just for me. Yes, it looks like a red velvet cupcake, but it is made with beet juice to give it a shade of red that was unbelievable. Now when I tasted it, I got the impression that it was more dense than a cupcake, like a muffin really, but the cream cheese icing was the real deal. What a wonderful surprise, and so kind too. thank you again

No comments:

Post a Comment