Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cooking with Lester

Last night, my sorority sister Nancy, invited us to a cooking class with Lester (gina&lester.com), a local lifestyles coach, on cooking healthy meals, in 20 minutes, with what you have on hand. This spoke to all in attendance as we are busy with family and careers. Lester prepared three dishes for us which were all FANTASTIC.



This is Lester's spice palette. I think I may need to get myself to Chinatown or Lee Valley and get myself on of these. I keep my salt in a small ramekin on my counter but I think I would like to be able to incorporate all my spices and seasoning with my fingers rather than a shaker jar.






The chicken with sauteed cabbage was wonderful. Guess what we are having for dinner tonight?



This was his final dish, a pan seared fillet with sauteed asparagus and spinach , on a fresh salad of iceburg lettuce and tomato with a dressing of cottage cheese, EVO and apple cider. Oh yes, it was very nice.

Thank you Nancy for organizing a great meeting and to Lester for providing entertainment, and cooking possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment