Monday, March 7, 2011

The view from my office window

There are a couple of things I would like you to note in this picture. First, the bright blue sky, can you feel the warmth?? It's trying so hard. Here we are at the end of the first full week of March and spring is just around the corner. Did you notice the snow melting on the neighbour's roof?? Spring arrives, officially as per the calendar, in just two weeks. Of course that won't mean my spring bulbs will be popping up in the garden, but it does mean that cold grey snowy days can be counted in days rather than weeks. It has been a LONG winter, and I would rather head out dressed in rubber boots rather than layers and layers for warmth. It will also mean the arrival of mud, but I will take mud over slush and slop anyday.

My husband in gone on a short business trip so Hershey and I have the next few days all planned out. I am treated these days as a mini artist retreat so I can work day and night as I wish. I hope to have a nice body of work finished by the end of the week. I shall keep you posted.

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment