Thursday, February 17, 2011

Better late then never

We had our valentines dinner a little late this year. We really weren't interested in food or even chocolate on Monday. I made this yummy roasted veggie quiche for my main squeeze in a heart shaped pie pan that I had and almost forgot about. It has a red glaze and when you get to the bottom is says "love" (YES, I know it is silly but just indulge me here). The little red bits you see on top are red peppers the I cut out with a small heart shaped cookie cutter. I have to say it was fun, and to my surprise it was really delicious. I watched an episode of "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" on the weekend and became inspired. Thanks to Chef Flay, we have also enjoyed pineapple upside down cake recently (I think the Brass Sisters are cute and cool). A shout out to Bobby "I am looking for a key line pie recipe here".

I was given a copy of Jamie Oliver's American Road Trip for my B-day and need to look at it again. I have been trying to eat a little more healthy (post holiday gorge - you know how it is) and put it aside for awhile. I am also looking for a few really tasty vegetarian recipes that are not all tofu and turnip (not that I don't like tofu and turnip .. but really now). I will have to mooch the cookbook I gave to my son for Christmas. May I should just head out and get my own copy. Now, THAT is a better plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment