Thursday, February 3, 2011

Embracing Lusciousness - Phase 1 Food









These are tomatoes from my garden last summer. It is difficult to find this kind of freshness at this time of year on a day after we had 20 cm of snow dumped on us yesterday. I have decided that if I can't find this type of freshness I will will pursue different culinary delights for my kitchen. I have recently acquired to new additions to my arsenal; a crepe pan, and, a souffle dish. Let us pretend we are in France. If that is not luscious, then I ask you, what is???



This lovely French gentleman was the server in a cafe in Paris when Meika and I were there. It was May, raining and Paris; in other words ... perfect. So this evening for dinner I will make savoury crepes with a crisp green salad and a midi baguette. I will keep you posted on how this progress.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of Ezrra Pound's marvelous (and marvelously short) poem, written in (and about) Paris:

    IN A STATION OF THE METRO
    The apparition of these faces in the crowd;
    Petals on a wet, black bough.

    don't know if it was May, though.

    ReplyDelete