Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Bon Bon


That's what her nick name because well she was just so sweet. We had to let her go last night. It was a very hard thing to do but I knew it was the right time and I couldn't let her suffer anymore. She was able to drift off at home, surrounded by her family, on her doggie bed in her favourite spot. She and I shared toast and peanut butter in the afternoon. She got all the love she could handle but she gave me a look that told me she knew it was time to go.

Once I am in an easier place, I will share stories of her quirkiness and joy.

This letting go business is much harder than I thought it would be, even though I know it had to be done.

1 comment:

  1. The suffering is over, at last; sad for you though. Hope you can handle the loss!

    ReplyDelete